After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice:
“Salvation belongs to our God,
who sits on the throne,
and to the Lamb.”
- Revelation 7:9-10
The Scripture above speaks of hands holding palm branches, reminiscent of the Triumphal Entry.
All the questions in the quiz are about verses in the New Testament containing the word “hands” in the NIV.
- What is suggested by Satan that the angels lift by hand?
- What rule did the Pharisees see the disciples doing wrong when they were eating grain?
- The disciples rebuked the local parents, but all they wanted was for Jesus to do what with his hands?
- When Jesus said that if He did not wash Peter’s feet, Peter would not be part of Him, Peter wanted his hands and what else washed?
- Peter and John travelled outside Judah when they heard a group of people had accepted Jesus, and when they laid hands upon them, they were filled with the Holy Spirit, which attracted a local Sorcerer named Simon. What “people” were filled with the Holy Spirit upon the laying of hands by Peter and John?
- Paul states that Corinth is rich, and the apostles are not. Paul makes three claims about the apostles, one of which was that they worked using their hands. What were the other two?
- Paul says to stop stealing and do something with their hands, in order to be able to what?
- Circumcision should not be part of the Christian’s requirements for salvation due to what, related to hands?
- Paul exhorts Timothy to have men everywhere to pray without dispute by using what type of posture?
- What is heaven the work of?
- James suggests that the double-minded purify their hearts and the sinner should do what?
- The beast places his mark on one of two places. What are those places?
HINT: These are in Biblical order. The first five questions comprise one question from each of the first five books of the New Testament.
There were 85 verses in the NIV (in the New Testament, over 500 for the entire Bible) with the word “hands.”
In the fourth question, Peter wants Jesus to wash more than just his feet when Jesus said that he will get part of Jesus as a result. We should all have that zeal to want more of Jesus.
- Matthew 4:6
- Mark 7:2-5
- Luke 18:15
- John 13:9
- Acts 8:17
- 1 Corinthians 4:12
- Ephesians 4:28
- Colossians 2:11
- 1 Timothy 2:8
- Hebrews 1:10
- James 4:8
- Revelation 13:16
I thought of this quiz since my left hand has been in a brace for over a month. Hopefully by the time this gets published, I might have an idea from the doctors as to the cause and a decent therapy.
The brace gives me enough mobility to type, and it forces me to use better posture, as the brace tries to shove the keyboard away from my fingers, but I would like to turn a doorknob without pain at least one more time in my lifetime. Twisting the wrist seems to be the worst of it, but with the brace on, I am rather limited.
- Satan, in tempting Jesus to jump, reminds Him that the angels will lift Him (Jesus) up.
- How dare the disciples eat the grain without ceremonially washing their hands!!!
- The parents wanted Jesus to place His hands on the children, thus blessing them. Of course, Jesus encouraged the disciples to bring the children instead of running them off.
- If it meant getting more of Jesus, Peter wanted his feet, hands, and head to be washed.
- Peter and John had gone to Samaria. These were Samaritans, but when Simon the Sorcerer wanted to buy the Holy Spirit, he was rebuked.
- They work with their hands; when cursed, they bless; when persecuted, they endure.
- Earn a wage in order to give to those in need.
- Circumcision is done by human hands, thus something beyond faith alone.
- Pray with lifted holy hands. To be holy, does this mean we must at least wash them?
- Heaven is the work of God’s hands.
- Sinners should wash their hands.
- The mark of the beast is placed on the right hand or the forehead.
And regardless of how you did, here is a song by Neil Diamond, Sweet Caroline. Why? Because the lyrics have hands touching hands in the first verse. And because my wife loved Neil Diamond music. And with one of her sisters named Caroline, this was her favorite.
For a laugh, here is one episode of the “Helping Hands Game” on Whose Line is it Anyway.
And we should always remember with God, it will Be Alright. This song speaks of God having the whole world in His hands, so we must “be alright”, sung by Evan Craft, Redimi2, and Danny Gokey.
If you like these Saturday morning Bible quizzes, but you think you missed a few, you can use this LINK. I have set up a page off the home page for links to these Saturday morning posts. I will continue to modify the page as I add more.
Soli Deo Gloria. Only to God be the Glory.
Love the songs especially the last one!
In LA, do you have a multilingual congregation? Chinese, English, and Spanish?
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes! Chinese and English congregation
LikeLiked by 1 person